For New Zealander Michael Venus and his Australian doubles partner John Peers, everything is over at the ATP Tennis Final in London.
The antipodal duo must beat the top seeds Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares in straight sets to reach the doubles semifinals. It lost 6-7 (2) 6-3 10-8.
It was another excruciating loss for Venus and Peers, who played well again but didn’t take their chances. They were broken in the opening game of the first set but fought back to keep their hopes alive.
Their tournament was virtually over when they lost the second set and Pavic and Soares won the match tie break.
Despite the disappointment about three defeats in a row in the group game in London, it was a successful Covid hit season for Venus and Peers. They won the ATP 500 title in Dubai and Hamburg and an ATP 250 title in Antwerp.
« Yes, incredibly lucky, we usually have six weeks off in the off-season but to take a longer break in the middle of the year you don’t know how things will play out when you’re out there again.
It’s really gratifying to win ahead of Covid in Dubai and to get things rolling when we got back. I am very happy with where my game is. « Said Venus.
Venus doesn’t know when he’ll be playing the ATP calendar again, which wasn’t finished before the Australian Open in January, but Venus says he should know more next week.
« I think when you see how the end of this year went, the tournaments will go on and we will have a calendar. It’s just a matter of where and in what weeks and filling out those spots, so it’s just a matter of being ready once January rolls around. «
In the meantime, the semi-finalists were found in the singles with Novak Djokovic as top seed Dominic Thiem and Rafael Nadal as fourth Daniil Medvedev.
Bruno Soares, Mate Pavić, Tennis, Nitto ATP Final, Michael Venus, ATP Tour, John Peers, Association of Tennis Professionals, Jamie Murray, New Zealand
World News – GB – Venus and Peers are eliminated from the ATP final without a win
. . Associated title :
– Pavic & Soares Clinch year-end No.. 1 ATP double team ranking
– Tennis: Silver lining for leaving the ATP final for Michael Venus
– Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares win the world no. 1 ATP double rankings
– Tennis: Kiwi doubles the star Michael Venus to avoid the Christmas quarantine after the earlier flight home
– Bruno Soares explains , how he and Jamie Murray got back together
– Venus and Peers drop out of the ATP- Final from
– The best New Zealand doubles player Michael Venus retires from the ATP final in London from
– Bruno Soares wants more Grand Slams with Jamie Murray Get slam title
– Peers and Venus are eliminated with a final loss
– Silver lining for Kiwi tennis star Michael Venus despite elimination of the ATP quarter-finals
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]